Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1 of 1 tracks converted with major problems (Read 3456 times) previous topic - next topic

1 of 1 tracks converted with major problems

When trying to convert a track in Foobar it says 1 of 1 tracks converted with major problems. Could that be fixed and how? I read on another forum by searching Google, and they said it might have to do with permissions of the drive. Would that be correct? Or would that be incorrect? Thank you, and I appreciate the help!

Reply #1
Here is a follow up that I am going to try. But I don't know where to go for the command Utils. I am going to search around to find out. I don't even know or how to find out if its available.

Context menu command "Utils > Edit Cuesheet" opens embedded cuesheet editor (if available). Uncheck the option at the bottom and click OK.

EDIT: it's component. I'll try it to see if it does the trick, and if it doesn't then I am looking for some more additional help.

Reply #2
Induce the problem again. Click View on the menu bar. Click Log. Tell us if it provides any information about the cited problem.

Tell us which format you are converting from and which to. Tell us the command line set in the Converter.

Tell us anything else that is relevant to this use-case and hence that could help us to do anything other than guesswork.

Reply #3
Album List refreshed in: 0:00.000427
Startup time : 0:01.127591
Watching: C:\Users\\Music
Watching: C:\Users\Public\Music
Could not retrieve info from a cuesheet-referenced file: Object not found
Location: H:\Live shows from the vault\(2002) View From the Vault III\D2\07 - Space.flac
Opening track for playback: "H:\Live shows from the vault\(2002) View From the Vault III\D2\View from the Vault III (02).cue" / index: 1

I am converting from FLAC to MP4 AAC.

I'm not sure where is the command line in the converter. I'm using this as GUI not command line.

Reply #4
So the cause is likely the same problem as you had in the other thread with your cuesheets not pointing to existent files. Does the referenced FLAC actually exist? If not, there is your problem.

Reply #5
So the cause is likely the same problem as you had in the other thread with your cuesheets not pointing to existent files. Does the referenced FLAC actually exist? If not, there is your problem.

Your right it doesn't exist. I'm sorry but honestly I keep thinking I'm able to load the cuesheet in Foobar regardless if the tracks exist and then convert them, but I guess not.

Reply #6
You “guess” not? How could it ever be possible to load a file that doesn’t exist?

This and the other thread that arose from this paradoxical thinking—
I deleted the FLAC tracks because I knew that I could open the CUE file in Foobar then right click tracks and go from there
—will now be locked. Start another thread if you encounter a problem with a valid reason, not just because you didn’t do basic research about what cuesheets are and how files in general work.

To be clear about the most basic part of this: A cuesheet is just a text file. It contains precisely no audio whatsoever. All it does is to tell a player where to get a different file that does contain audio. You can fill in the other details by reading some of the various guides to cuesheet out there.

At least you said you had a backup, rather than letting a fatally flawed premise destroy your library altogether.