Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [USELESS] From: Jplay - just another scam? YES IT IS! (Read 2090 times) previous topic - next topic

[USELESS] From: Jplay - just another scam? YES IT IS!

For its size, at 256K, compared to other programs, it does seems a little expensive, say compared to Word or the Windows operating system, but it does produce the cleanest digital playback I’ve yet obtained from a computer even when the program is not in Hibernate mode. Get the trial program for free, see what you think, then go ahead and make the purchase.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/view...chapter_142.htm

How does he know? No mention of any listening he has done compared what to what? Conclusion - the usual audiophile shite, same old same old.

And - apparently it is 99Euro, about 130$ or so.

Conclusion# 2 - not nigerian, a polish/netherland scam this time.

Hey, why not just dismiss anyone else's experience and keep a closed mind, that way you can continue to believe your own player's invincible and will never need replacing.?  Audiophile shite as you so delicately put it is preferable to your contribution imo http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/style_...icons/icon7.gif

Reply #1
Ah, the old “closed mind” canard. What people seem to forget whilst they’re clutching their pearls and taking the moral high ground with their pronouncements of how open-minded they are is that if you open your mind too much, all the useful things will fall out. And there’s plenty of space for stuff like JPLAY to move into after that.

I mean really, you’ve been registered for over two years and just now use your first post to chime in with this piece of righteous indignation? In those two years, you might have picked up an idea of how HA works. To be clear: If you provide no evidence for your implications about quality, we’re totally uninterested in them.

That applies especially when they completely lack any theoretical merit and have to rely upon widely debunked FUD about digital audio, just as JPLAY does.

Reply #2
This thread has been a really amusing read. The amount of twists and turns in Josef's arguments is astounding. Almost every 'foul' that a debater can commit has been made. The blatant attempt to come across as the genuine and sincere bloke that gets burned down (victim role) made me snicker as well. The criticism was mostly that, criticism and (scientific) rigour. Not a personal attack, but he made it look as if it was.

All that most people (on multiple occasions) did was explaining why they thought it was a: doubtful a program like jplay indeed addresses a problem in pc audio (is it claiming to fix a problem that isn't there on modern computers?) and b: when assuming it does, asking if he could provide proof (of acceptable quality) that it actually improved sound quality above the threshold where it become noticeable to a double blind tester.

It's clear to me: SCAM. (personal opinion)
For anyone that has the energy to continue the debate and/or enjoys doing so, this might be a useful read: http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismatheist...bateTheists.htm. I see a lot of parallels in the jplayer 'believers' that came by to support it (what did he pay?) and certain (extremely) religious theists. They show the same logical flaws in reasoning. Making reasoning with them neigh impossible.

Reasoning with anyone who writes "neigh impossible" is nigh impossible and likely to be a waste of time (personal opinion)